Vice President, Public Relations
Areas of Expertise: Crisis and Issues Management, Digital and Creative Services, Media Relations, Public Relations, Training and Coaching
When Chris calls, reporters answer.
As a former reporter, he understands what motivates journalists and how to craft the perfect pitch. Applying this expertise, Chris helps clients develop effective public relations and communications strategies – and his track record for story placement in the media is unmatched.
Between journalism and public relations, media has been the focal point of Chris’s career for more than 15 years. He has strong relationships with reporters and media outlets across the country, and is known for his judicious and straightforward advice. Across a variety of industries – from hospitality and health care to energy and the environment – Chris has helped clients protect and enhance their reputations, always knowing when and how to get the right story. Utilizing his background in television news and digital storytelling, Chris also produces videos and podcasts for client campaigns.
Chris helps clients feel more prepared and comfortable working with the media as one of Goff Public’s lead media and spokesperson trainers. In a crisis, clients count on him to think ahead of the news cycle and prepare them for the media’s toughest questions.
In addition to leading Goff Public’s public relations team, Chris is a father of four young children. His personal interests include running, golf and playing the guitar.
Joined Goff Public: 2011
Alma Maters: Saint John’s University; St. Cloud State University
- Chicago sports
- 90s music
- History of Saturday Night Live
- Ramsey County Workforce Innovation Board, board member (2020-present)
- Ramsey County Workforce Innovation Board, Partnerships and Outreach committee chair (2020-present)
- TwinWest Chamber of Commerce, former board member (2019-2020)
- TwinWest Chamber of Commerce Foundation, former board member (2014-2018)
- Star Legacy Foundation, former board member (2015-2019)
- Saint John’s University Alumni Association, former board member (2012-2015)
- Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal, 40 Under 40 Honoree (2022)
- TwinWest Chamber of Commerce,
Young Professional of the Year (2016)