Director, Public Relations
Areas of Expertise: Community Engagement, Crisis and Issues Management, Public Affairs, Public Relations, Training and Coaching
Sara is a persuasive, sophisticated communicator.
Sara works with clients to amplify their stories, advocate for their interests and protect their reputations. From proactive PR strategies to thoughtful messaging to transparent community engagement, she helps clients engage with the audiences who matter most to them in concise and memorable ways. Sara is also a key member of Goff Public’s media training and crisis communications teams, guiding clients through challenging situations and emerging issues with an emphasis on transparent, timely communication.
Sara’s more than 10 years of experience includes extensive work with state, tribal and local governments, philanthropy, human services, and higher education institutions. She has worked on economic development projects across the Twin Cities – including CHS Field, the Ford site, Rice Creek Commons, RiversEdge and Dorothy Day Place. The common thread through all of Sara’s work is a focus on helping citizens better understand and engage with their community and their government.
A passionate advocate for her community, Sara serves on the Saint Paul Area Chamber Foundation Board of Directors and the Neighborhood House Board of Directors.
Sara is an avid marathoner who also loves hiking, exploring the North Shore, sipping local brews on any patio she can find, and spending quality time with her husband and young daughter.
Joined Goff Public: 2009
Alma Mater: St. Olaf College
- Minnesota State Parks
- Um Yah Yah
- Twin Cities patios
- Neighborhood House, board of directors member (2019-present)
- Saint Paul Area Chamber Charitable Foundation Board (2018-present), chair (2020)
- Leadership Minnesota, Minnesota Chamber of Commerce, Class of 2017-2018
- Leader’s Lab, Minnesota Chamber of Commerce (2016-2017)
- Saint Paul Area Chamber Leadership Saint Paul Curriculum Committee (2012-2016), chair (2015), past chair (2016)
- Leadership Saint Paul, Saint Paul Area Chamber of Commerce (2012)
- Saint Paul Area Chamber, Emerging Volunteer of the Year (2016)
- Minnesota Association of Government Communicators, Northern Lights Award (2016)
- Advertising Federation of Minnesota, 32 Under 32 (2015)
- Minnesota Association of Government Communicators, Northern Lights Award (2015)