President / CEO
Chris is a renowned public affairs strategist and communications expert.
For more than 35 years, his career has spanned national and state politics, philanthropy, crisis management, government, media and business. His relationships, experience and judgement help clients persuade decision-makers and influence the influencers.
Chris’s notable client experiences includes managing multi-state lobbying efforts, developing strategies for national philanthropic work and designing integrated advocacy campaigns for coalitions.
While at Goff Public, Chris has also served as campaign chairman and principal strategist for a successful gubernatorial campaign; co-chaired a bipartisan state legislative reform task force; regularly advised members of Congress; and served on the boards of significant civic, public health, arts and educational organizations.
Before joining Goff Public, Chris served in a variety of political and public affairs positions, including state Republican chairman in Minnesota, founder of a think tank policy prescription project, top aide in the Minnesota House and staffer to two U. S. senators.
From motorsports and music to tennis and traveling, Chris’s personal interests are as varied as his professional accomplishments.
Joined Goff Public: 1998
Alma Mater: University of Minnesota
Conversation Starters: Collector cars, classical literature, cowboy boots
- Saint Paul Area Chamber of Commerce, former board member
- Friends of the Saint Paul Public Library, former board member
- Ordway Center for the Performing Arts, former board member and officer
- Freedom Foundation of Minnesota, former board chair
- Clearway Minnesota, former board member
- Saint Paul Police Foundation, former board chair
- Metropolitan Council, former vice-chair and committee chair
- American Heart Association-Twin Cities, former board member
- Minnesota State Board of Education, former board member
- Washington County Library Board of Trustees, former board member
- Republican Party of Minnesota Lifetime Service Award (2010)
- Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal 40 Under Forty (2001)