The application period for this position has closed.
Goff Public, a top-ranked, full-service communications agency based in Saint Paul, seeks a motivated self-starter to join our firm as a public relations assistant account executive.
About the position
This is a position with a wide variety of tasks and opportunities, where you will work on multiple client teams and have access to everyone in the agency. No day is typical, but some of what this job will entail includes:
- Writing a variety of communications materials, such as press releases, fact sheets, blog posts, newsletter stories, website content, social media content, key messages and proposals
- Researching, writing, editing and proofreading materials
- Developing media lists and distributing press releases
- Monitoring and analyzing media coverage and social media; preparing reports for internal teams and clients
- Managing deadlines and working within account teams to contribute ideas and execute tasks
Strong candidates may exhibit some or all of the following traits and skillsets:
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Skilled at writing for a variety of communications channels and ability to learn new styles and formats
- Strong interpersonal skills – collaborative, confident, friendly and poised
- Ability to multitask, lead and support projects simultaneously and meet deadlines daily
- Proactive, hardworking and detail-oriented
- Ethical, honest and good personal judgment
- Not afraid to ask questions
- Fast learner
- Ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment
Candidates must have 1-3 years of experience in public relations, communications, community engagement or related fields. Internships count toward a candidate’s experience.
If you think you’d be great in this role, please send us a cover letter that tells us who you are and how your experience, skills and personality may be the next great addition to Goff Public, along with your resume and one example of your professional writing that you are most proud of. All materials must be emailed directly to Sue Kuncio at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 17, 2023.
Goff Public welcomes candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply. We believe a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture is fundamental to our success and provides employees the best opportunities to grow professionally and provide their highest value to clients and each other.