The application period for this position is now closed.
Goff Public is looking to develop the next generation of communications professionals through our immersive, fast-paced internship program for motivated students – known as our Gofftern Program. We are currently accepting applications for spring semester 2024.
Why Goff Public
Goff Public is a highly respected, award-winning public relations and public affairs firm that builds trust, advocates and solves problems for organizations improving the world. We are passionate about and invested in our work, our clients and our communities. We value integrity – on the job and in our lives – as well as the inclusion of diverse ideas and experiences. We are an honest, authentic team that works collaboratively, shares ideas, holds each other accountable and has a lot of fun succeeding together. Goff Public is a WBENC-certified Women’s Business Enterprise, certified Small Business Enterprise and Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer.
Who we’re looking for
Bright minds come in all different forms, and at Goff Public we have a wide variety of experts who think and approach their jobs in different ways. We’re always looking for people who share our values, including:
Students who are interested in a career in public relations or public affairs and/or are majoring in areas such as communications, public relations, journalism, or political science are encouraged to apply. We are placing a high preference on students who are close to finishing their undergraduate or graduate degree or who recently graduated.
The Gofftern Program
Through the Gofftern Program, you will have numerous opportunities to gain valuable, real-world experience, make professional connections and launch your career. Activities and tasks include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assisting account teams with day-to-day work for Goff Public’s diverse array of clients, including writing, research, media monitoring and legislative hearing monitoring;
- A behind-the-scenes look at a variety of clients and industries;
- Possible participation in client events, meetings and brainstorms;
- Attendance at weekly lunch and learns with Goff Public’s team of experts on a variety of topics, from lobbying and advocacy to crisis communications and community engagement; and
- Optional participation in activities planned by the Goff Public Fun Committee, such as offsite gatherings, sporting events, all-office contests and more!
This position pays $20 per hour and can also be considered for college credit. Benefits include free parking or public transit reimbursement and a fully stocked kitchen! Candidates should be available 10-15 hours per week for 10 weeks during their spring semester of 2024 (start date is flexible and based on your class schedule). Goff Public has a hybrid work model, with employees working in the office Tuesday through Thursday. For the best possible experience, our goal is to have the Gofftern in the office at least two of those days per week; hours are flexible.