Goff Public is looking to develop the next generation of business and community leaders through our immersive, fast-paced internship program for motivated students. We are currently accepting applications for spring semester 2022.
Goff Public is a highly respected, top public relations and public affairs firm that builds trust, advocates and solve problems for organizations that are improving the world. We are passionate about and invested in our work, our clients and our communities. We value integrity – on the job and in our lives, as well as the inclusion of diverse ideas and experiences. We are an honest, authentic team that works collaboratively, shares ideas, holds each other accountable and has a lot of fun succeeding together. Goff Public is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer.
The Gofftern Program
Who we’re looking for:
Bright minds come in all different forms, and at Goff Public we have a wide variety of experts who think and approach their jobs in different ways. But we’re always looking for people who share our values, including:
Students interested in a career in public relations or public affairs and/or are majoring in areas such as communications, public relations, journalism, or political science are encouraged to apply. We are placing a high preference on students who are close to finishing their undergraduate or graduate degree or who are newly graduated. While not guaranteed, there is the potential opportunity for full-time employment at Goff Public following the internship program.
Through the Gofftern Program, you will have numerous opportunities to gain valuable, real-world experience, make professional connections, and launch your career.
Activities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
- A long-term project, where you would act as Goff Public’s PR consultant and execute a communications audit for the company, followed by a presentation of recommendations to company leaders (don’t worry – we’ll show you how to do this!)
- A behind-the-scenes look at a variety of clients and industries
- Possible participation in client events, meetings and brainstorms
- Attendance at weekly lunch and learns with Goff Public’s team of experts on a variety of topics, from lobbying and advocacy to crisis communications to community engagement
- Assisting account teams with day-to-day work for Goff Public’s diverse array of clients, including writing, research and media monitoring.
- Optional participation in activities planned by the Fun Committee, such as offsite gatherings, sporting events, all-office contests, and more!
This position pays $15 per hour and can also be considered for college credit. Benefits include free parking or public transit reimbursement and a fully stocked kitchen! Candidates should be available 10-15 hours per week for 10 weeks during their spring semester of 2022 (start date is flexible and based on your class schedule). Days of the week and hours are flexible.
Goff Public has a hybrid work model, with employees working remotely on Monday and Friday, and in the office Tuesday through Thursday. For the best possible experience, our goal is to have the Gofftern in the office at least two days week.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and two writing samples directly to Sue Kuncio (firstname.lastname@example.org) before Monday, November 1, 2021.