Goff Public is no longer accepting applications for this position.
Goff Public, a top-ranked, full-service communications agency based in Saint Paul, seeks a creative, full-time graphic designer to join our firm.
This graphic designer is responsible for the day-to-day management and execution of a wide range of design projects for our clients. We are looking for someone with a collaborative spirit who can turn conceptual ideas into visual stories that inspire, inform and engage. This is a unique position within our firm; you would be our go-to graphic designer.
About the position
You will work on multiple projects at a time with a variety of clients in a fast-paced, team-focused environment. It will be your job to:
- Design a variety of materials, including flyers, posters, social media graphics, reports, proposals, signage, presentations, print and digital ads, etc.
- Create logos, branding and visual systems/brand standard guides for everything from corporate brands to individual communications campaigns.
- Turn strategic direction from written or spoken ideas into high-quality designs within an established brand identity.
- Build and maintain replicable templates for various materials (e.g., presentations, social media graphics).
- Manage deadlines and work within account teams to contribute ideas and execute tasks.
- Examine existing processes, identify areas to improve and create solutions to enhance design capabilities and processes.
Strong candidates may exhibit some or all of the following traits and skillsets:
- Proven experience designing materials for a variety of channels
- Strong interpersonal skills – collaborative, confident, friendly and poised
- Ability to multitask, lead and support projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Proactive, hardworking and detail-oriented
- Ethical and honest with good personal judgment
- Inquisitive, fast learner with a desire to continue to grow skillset through ongoing education and training
- Ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment
- 2-year degree in graphic design
- 2-5 years of professional graphic design experience
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud required, including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications required, including Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Experience in Adobe After Effects, Adobe Dreamweaver, HTML and Apple Final Cut Pro X a plus
- Strong portfolio of work
If you think you’d be great in this role, please send us a cover letter that tells us who you are and how your experience, skills and personality may be the next great addition to Goff Public. Also include your resume and digital portfolio. All materials must be emailed directly to Sue Kuncio at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, Aug. 5.
Goff Public welcomes candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply. We believe a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture is fundamental to our success and provides employees the best opportunities to grow professionally and provide their highest value to clients and each other. A diverse workforce allows us to better serve our clients and our community as we provide strategies and insights on communicating and advocating effectively to and for all audiences.
About Goff Public
Goff Public is a highly respected public relations and public affairs firm offering seamlessly integrated media relations, lobbying, advocacy, crisis communications, community engagement, training and digital creative services to help our clients reach the audiences who matter most.
Based in downtown Saint Paul, Goff Public has been in business since 1966. Our company culture is built on teamwork, authenticity and creativity. We love our clients, our industry and working with each other. We work hard and we’re not afraid of new challenges. At Goff, you will be tasked with producing the highest quality work while serving multiple clients with daily deadlines. You will grow your skillset and be exposed to a wide array of clients, industries and professional opportunities.
We are passionate about and invested in our work, our clients and our communities. We provide employees opportunities to grow professionally and provide their highest value to clients and each other. We strive to include diverse ideas, points of view, identities, backgrounds, abilities and experiences in all that we do. We act with integrity and value honesty, candor, accountability and collaboration.