Goff Public, a top-ranked, full-service communications agency based in Saint Paul, seeks a motivated self-starter to join our firm as a public relations account executive.
This account executive is responsible for day-to-day management and execution of a wide range of public relations projects for our clients. Candidates should be comfortable working on multiple projects with a variety of clients in a fast-paced, team-focused environment.
About the position
This is a position with a wide variety of tasks, where you will work with multiple clients and have access to everyone in the agency. No day is typical, but some of what this job may entail includes:
- Planning, coordinating and executing the agency’s work for assigned clients
- Researching, writing, editing and proofreading materials
- Writing press releases and op-eds
- Developing media lists and distributing press releases
- Monitoring and analyzing media coverage and social media; preparing reports for internal teams or clients
- Developing social media content and strategies
- Planning and executing communications strategies in support of community engagement activities for a wide range of community development and transportation projects
- Managing deadlines and working within account teams to contribute ideas and execute tasks
Strong candidates may exhibit some or all of the following traits and skillsets:
- Excellent writing, editing and proofing skills
- Skilled at writing for a variety of channels and ability to learn new styles and formats
- Strong interpersonal skills – collaborative, confident, friendly and poised
- Ability to multitask, lead and support projects simultaneously and meet deadlines daily
- Proactive, hardworking and detail oriented
- Ethical, honest and good personal judgment
- Inquisitive, fast learner
- Ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment
Candidates must have 2-4 years of experience in public relations, communications, community engagement or related fields.
If you think you’d be great in this role, please send us a cover letter that tells us who you are and how your experience, skills and personality may be the next great addition to Goff Public, along with your resume and one example of your professional writing that you are most proud of. All materials must be emailed directly to Sue Kuncio at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, May 9.
Goff Public welcomes candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply. We believe a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture is fundamental to our success and provides employees the best opportunities to grow professionally and provide their highest value to clients and each other. A diverse workforce allows us to better serve our clients and our community as we provide strategies and insights on communicating and advocating effectively to and for all audiences.
About Goff Public
Goff Public is a highly respected public relations and public affairs firm offering seamlessly integrated media relations, lobbying, advocacy, crisis communications, community engagement, training and digital creative services to help our clients reach the audiences who matter most.
Based in downtown Saint Paul, Goff Public has been in business since 1966. Our company culture is built on teamwork, authenticity and creativity. We love our clients, our industry and working with each other. We work hard and we’re not afraid of new challenges. At Goff, you will be tasked with producing the highest quality work while serving multiple clients with daily deadlines. You will grow your skillset and be exposed to a wide array of clients, industries and professional opportunities.
We are passionate about and invested in our work, our clients and our communities. We provide employees opportunities to grow professionally and provide their highest value to clients and each other. We strive to include diverse ideas, points of view, identities, backgrounds, abilities and experiences in all that we do. We act with integrity and value honesty, candor, accountability and collaboration.